Monday, August 30, 2010

Lister Hill Library at UAB


Over the past few weeks, I had the opportunity to visit Lister Hill Library of the Health Sciences at UAB. I was very impressed with the substantive collections and the dedicated staff. I hope to obtain an internship at this library in spring 2011. It would be a wonderful place to work and learn.

I will be meeting more Lister Hill staff members at the Alabama Health Libraries Association annual conference this September. I will also be taking two courses for CE credits on the topics of web usability and using PubMed. I am excited about learning new information sources, particularly as I am taking the course Health Science Information Services in school this semester. However, the best learning takes place on the job, and if I have the chance to complete my practicum at Lister Hill Library, I am certain to build the foundation of a great career as a medical librarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment